Gmail is one of the email sending and receiving services under Google, provided by Google, and has about 1.8 billion users. Many users are satisfied with this service and its provider, and we have previously provided instructions on creating a new email in Gmail alongside our dear companions. However, some people want to delete their Gmail account for any reason after using it and do not know the correct way to do so or the conditions and events that occur after deleting Gmail. In this article from SPY24, we want to teach you how to delete your Gmail account on your computer and phone and tell you what happens to you after permanently deleting your Gmail account.
Google Account Deletion Tutorial
First, you must keep in mind that you can delete your Google account or one of Google’s services, such as Gmail. But before deleting the service, you should be aware of the consequences of permanently deleting your Gmail account. When you create a Gmail account:
- Some access permissions are issued for it.
- The browser history is saved in it.
- Your phone numbers may be stored in Gmail.
- Depending on mobile settings, some contacts are saved in Gmail.
- You may have synced this Gmail with your browser.
- Some browser bookmarks are saved in Gmail.
Therefore, before deleting your Gmail account permanently on your computer or phone, you should back up your information or be aware that your data will be deleted.
Another very important point to keep in mind is that according to this tutorial, you can permanently delete the desired Google service, such as Gmail, etc. However, to log out of Gmail on all devices, you must follow the guide below:
How to delete a Gmail account on your computer
To delete your Gmail account from your computer or phone, all you need to do is take any necessary backups, then go to the Gmail settings and follow a few simple steps. Keep in mind that going through these steps will permanently delete your Gmail account.
Deleting Gmail services is different from completely deleting your Google account. After deleting Gmail services, you can still use other Google services.
1- Go to the Google Account address and click on the blue Go to Google Account button or log in to your Gmail account.
2- Now enter the Gmail address you want to delete.
3- Then enter the password related to that Gmail.
4- On the page that opens, in order to delete your Gmail account, click on the data and personalization option.
5- Then scroll down the page, and in the “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data” section to permanently delete Gmail, click on the Delete a service or your account option.
6- In the next step, you will see four options, of which you must choose the Delete a Google service option to delete the Gmail service. Keep in mind that this option will only delete one desired service like Gmail account, YouTube, or…
7- Again, you will be asked to enter the password related to this email.
8- Now, in order to delete Gmail, delete YouTube, or delete the Google service of your choice, you must choose the trash can option in front of the Google service.
9- The next step requires you to provide an address so that the Google service removal link can be sent to it and you can confirm it.
10- In the final step of permanently deleting your Gmail account, you need to visit the email address you entered in the previous step and click on the confirmation link.
In this tutorial, we have discussed how to delete a Gmail account permanently, so after this step, the Gmail service will be removed from your Google account, but your Google account and other services will remain. You can use the same method to delete your YouTube, Gmail, and other accounts.
How to delete a Gmail account in an Android browser
It should be noted that deleting a Gmail account on Android is similar to the permanent deletion of a Gmail account, which we have explained in detail in this article. You must log in to your Google account via the Google Account link and follow the steps in order to delete your Gmail account permanently or delete your Google account.
Deleting your Gmail account on an Android device is similar to deleting an email account on a computer, and we will explain it step by step. All you need to do is:
- Go to the settings of your Android phone and scroll down to reach Google.
- Click on “Manage your Google account.”
- Select “Delete a service or your account”. If you cannot find this option, you can search for it in the search bar.
- Click on “Delete a service” to see the trash bin next to your Gmail account.
- In this section, you must select “Delete a service” and then enter your password to confirm.
- Next to Gmail, there is an icon for a trash bin. Click on it. If you click on “DOWNLOAD DATA”, you can copy messages, attachments, and user settings.
- Enter an email address that is not associated with your Google services. Click on “SEND VERIFICATION EMAIL”.
- Log in to your non-Gmail account and click on the link you see.
- Check the box and select “DELETE GMAIL” to delete your Gmail account.
How to remove Gmail from your phone through Android settings
If you are an Android user and want to delete one or more of your accounts, you can use the following method to delete your Gmail account:
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Go to “Accounts” or “Users and Accounts.” The name displayed depends on your device.
- Tap on the account you want to delete, and finally, click on “Remove Account” to delete your email.
How to delete a Gmail account on iPhone through a browser
Since this method of deleting an email account is similar to Android, we will only explain its main steps:
- In your Gmail app, open the menu in the top left corner and go to settings.
- Click on the account you want to delete.
- Select “Manage your Google Account.”
- After selecting “Data & personalization,” click on “Delete a service or your account” and then “Delete a service.”
- Find the desired Gmail and tap on the trash can icon.
- The remaining steps are the same as deleting Gmail in Android.
How to delete Gmail from iPhone via iOS settings and Safari app
If you are an iPhone user and do not know how to delete your Gmail, just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on “Passwords and Accounts.”
- Go to the Gmail section.
- Tap on “Delete Account.”
- To confirm, click on “Delete from My iPhone” to successfully remove the email from your device.
The method for deleting an email account in the Safari app is also very easy, and all you have to do is:
- Open the Safari app.
- Go to google.com.
- Tap on the profile picture located in the top right corner and then tap on “Sign out.”
- Enter the “Remove an account” section.
- Select the negative sign that is red to delete the selected account from your device.
- Finally, click on “Done.”
Google offers various services to users worldwide, and by creating a Google account, you can take advantage of various services. In some cases, for various reasons, users may want to completely delete their Google account or just want to delete one of the services provided by Google. To do so, you can log into the desired Gmail account and proceed to permanently delete the Gmail account. In this article, we have provided a visual tutorial on how to permanently delete a Gmail account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can we delete an email?
In this article, we have tried to explain all the ways to delete email and Gmail accounts in a simple way so that you can easily delete your Gmail.
How to delete Gmail from a Samsung phone?
Deleting Gmail on all Android phones is similar. Only the names may be slightly different in settings. You can refer to our guide in this article to delete your email.
How can we delete a Gmail account?
Deleting Gmail and email are the same, and we have explained all the methods for it above, which you can refer to.
Will all data be deleted by deleting a Gmail account on Android?
Yes, by deleting a Gmail account, your data will be deleted. Therefore, if you have backed up a copy of it, be sure to copy your data before deleting your Gmail.