Instagram is a social network that contains photos and videos. To enhance the performance of the app and prevent reloading cache memory stores data, so every time you open the app, the images displayed are stored in Instagram’s cache memory. This practice reduces internet usage, but over time the cache gets filled and needs to clear space for storing other information. In this article from SPY24, we aim to teach how to delete the Instagram cache. You can also delete your search history.
Clearing Cache on Instagram for Android
Have you ever wondered why some Instagram pictures are displayed when you’re offline? Does Instagram have a cache? The answer is yes. As mentioned, Instagram, like other apps, has cache memory. If you have used Instagram for a long time, a significant amount of your Instagram cache space has been occupied, and this occurrence will slow down your Instagram application. Therefore, it is necessary to clear your Instagram cache. But the question is, what exactly is meant by cache memory, and what does it do? READ More: How to Clear Instagram Cache on iPhone.
What is Instagram’s Cache?
Various images posted are stored in Instagram’s cache. In fact, cache memory, by storing these images once, prevents them from reloading. This practice, in addition to saving on internet usage, increases the speed of loading the same images and videos in subsequent times.
⚫🔴 But how is the Instagram cache deleted? Don’t worry. We will explain this topic in detail below.
Clearing Instagram’s cache on Android
You have undoubtedly experienced slowness, hanging, and similar issues after using the Instagram application for a while. These events usually occur when your Instagram cache is full, and in such cases, it is necessary to clear the memory. Therefore, in case of such problems, we need to get rid of the filled Instagram cache. There are three methods for deleting Instagram cache memory that we will teach separately.
- Deleting Instagram cache through phone settings
- Uninstalling the Instagram application
- Clearing search history on Instagram
1) Deleting Instagram Cache through Phone Settings
If you are an Android user, to delete Instagram cache on Android through your mobile phone settings, follow these steps:
1- Go to the settings (Settings) of your mobile phone.
2- From the settings section, select the applications (apps) option.
3- In the next step, touch the application management (Applications Manager) option.
4- Now, from the list of displayed applications, select the Instagram application.
5- On the appearing page, touch the storage option to see the amount of space used by Instagram.
6- Now, on the displayed page, you will see two buttons:
- CLEARE DATA: Clear data
- CLEAR CACHE: Clear Instagram cache
You can see the amount of hidden memory occupied by Instagram above these options.
7- Select the CLEAR CACHE option to delete the Instagram cache.
8- After performing this action, your Instagram cache memory will be freed, and the amount of cache memory space occupied will reduce to 0B. By clearing the cache, you feel its effect and an increase in speed.
Note: If you select the CLEARE DATA option, your local account data will not be deleted. However, to use the app again, you need to log into your account again. Now, if you don’t remember your Instagram password, you can recover it by reading the article on how to recover your Instagram password.
2) Clearing Instagram Cache on Android
On Android phones, you won’t need to delete the Instagram app or even log out of your account. The answer to the question of where the Instagram cache is stored on devices based on Google’s operating system is straightforward. Android phone settings have a specific method for clearing the cache. Note that the mentioned method also answers the question of where the Instagram cache is on Samsung phones.
- Enter your Android phone settings so that you can select the storage (Storage) section.
- In this section, you need to select the Other Apps option. To enter the desired section, tap the three-dot symbol on the upper right side and select the Advanced option.
- In this section, tap on the Other Apps option, so you have the possibility to search and find the Instagram application.
- Next, tap on the Clear Cache option.
Now you should see the Clear Cache section in gray and see the space used by it as empty.
3) Uninstalling the Instagram application
Deleting the Instagram app and reinstalling it is one of the easy and fast methods for clearing the Instagram cache. By uninstalling Instagram, the Instagram cache is completely deleted, and all your information returns after reinstalling.
- Hold your finger on the Instagram application icon on the phone screen.
- Once you see the Uninstall option at the top of the screen, tap it.
- After removing the application, download and install it again from Google Play.
- Go to the settings section of your phone.
- Select the Applications option.
- In the next step, tap on the Applications Manager.
- Select Instagram.
- Tap on the MORE option at the top of the screen and then hit Uninstall.
- After removing the Instagram application, download and reinstall it from Google Play.
4) Clearing Instagram Cache on Xiaomi
If you intend to clear Instagram cache on Xiaomi as well, it’s good to know that the process is similar to Android phones. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Enter Settings.
- Next, select the Apps option.
- After that, select the Manage Apps option.
- Now you should select the Instagram app, and once you’ve entered it, select the Clear Cache option.
By following the mentioned steps, you can completely clear the Instagram cache on Xiaomi phones, which will also increase your storage space.
5) Clearing Search History on Instagram
Clearing search history on Instagram is another method that can be used to empty a portion of the cache memory. The steps to clear Instagram search history are as follows:
1- Open the Instagram application and navigate to Instagram settings via the menu button.
2- Now, go to the Security menu.
3- In order to clear the search history on Instagram and delete part of the cache, select the Search History option at the bottom of the displayed page.
4- Now, you will see your past searches. At the top of the page, select the blue Clear All button.
5- A message appears and notifies you that if you clear the search history, all the accounts and hashtags that have been shown to you in the search results will be deleted, and there is no possibility of restoring them. To delete the search history, select the Clear All option again.
By doing this, a portion of your Instagram cache is cleared, and its space is freed.
Deleting Saved Instagram Files on Your Phone
To delete saved Instagram files on your Android phone, you can use your file manager to delete saved Instagram posts and videos. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, go into your file manager app and navigate to the internal storage.
- To delete image files and photos, you can go to the path pictures>instagram. In this section, all the photos you have posted on Instagram, assuming you have activated the post-saving option in the app, are displayed. By long-pressing on any of the images, you can select them and proceed to delete them.
- To delete published video files from your Instagram profile, assuming you have activated the post saving feature, you should first go to the path movies>instagram or videos>instagram. The name of this path may vary depending on your phone model. Then, as with the previous method, by selecting the files, you can proceed to delete them.
In this SPY24 article, we have completely taught how to clear the Instagram cache. Following the methods taught, one can easily proceed to clear the Instagram cache. In this case, space is freed for re-saving downloaded images. We have suggested three techniques: reinstalling the app, clearing the Instagram cache, and also deleting the search history. Share your comments and questions about Instagram cache and how to clear it with us. READ More: How to Find Someone on Instagram by Location?
Frequently Asked Questions by Users about Deleting Instagram Cache
Can you delete Instagram cache with a third-party app?
- No, you can’t, and we strongly recommend that wherever the name of a third-party software or side app for Instagram is mentioned, do not follow it and refrain from sharing your account on such apps, as it could result in the deactivation of your Instagram account.
What should I do to delete Instagram cache via phone settings?
- For Android phone settings to delete Instagram cache, you should perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings on your mobile phone.
- From the settings, select the Applications option.
- In the next step, tap on the Applications Manager.
- Now, from the list of displayed applications, select the Instagram application.
- On the displayed page, to see the amount of space used by Instagram, touch the storage option.
- Now, on the displayed page, you will see two buttons.
- Choose the CLEAR CACHE option to delete the Instagram cache.
Does clearing Instagram cache differ in various versions of Android?
This instruction is based on the latest changes in the Android operating system, and it may slightly differ in older versions, but the general path should be considered the same.